CMG is proud to present Ella Masar as a new Client Manager
The 35-year-old has a unique network of contacts after representing clubs in the USA, Canada, Norway, Denmark, France, Sweden and Germany.
– I am so happy to continue working with women’s football, she says.
– I realized there are many different ways to work with women’s football and this puts me in a role where I can make the game better than when I was ‘in it’ which has always been my ultimate goal.
We got to know Ella Masar as a seemingly tireless and hard-working midfielder in FC Rosengård, where she joined before the 2016 season. She played 42 games and scored 26 goals for the club, which she also won the Swedish Cup with twice. After a couple of really good seasons in Damallsvenskan, she had great interest from the international market and in 2018 she was recruited by the German top club VfL Wolfsburg, with whom she won both the German cup and the league twice or back to back.
Ella Masar is now looking forward to her new job as Client Manager at Connect Management Group.
– As soon as I retired in summer of 2019, I knew I wanted two things: 1) to start the journey of becoming a mother and 2) complete my Trainer licenses. Fast forward these last two years and I am so very fortunate to say we have a wonderful 9 month old boy and I have managed to do my B license, have completed all my work for my A license, and look forward to the finalizing it in August. So when CMG contacted me for this opportunity, I realized there are many different ways to work with women’s football and this puts me in a role where I can make the game better than when I was ‘in it’ which has always been my ultimate goal, she says.
– I am so happy to continue working with women’s football.
The 35-year-old currently lives in Madrid, Spain, where the past year has been bewildering. Among other things, she had to endure three months with total lock down when the Corona pandemic hit the world.
– It was 35 degrees hot, I was pregnant and could not leave the apartment. The uncertainty was total and it was a very difficult time, she says.
In September, Ella and her partner’s son was born and after a period of maternity leave, new adventures await together with CMG.
– Ella has for several years played at the highest international level in many different countries. Something that has given her a wide network in the world of women’s football. She speaks several languages, has a global mindset and we are incredibly happy and proud that she is now part of our team, says Maria Karlsson De Cecco, CEO & Client Manager at CMG.
Born: April 3, 1986
Family: Partner and a son
Clubs as a player: Windy City Bluez, Chicago Gaels, Vancouver Whitecaps, Washington Freedom, LSK Kvinner, Chicago Red Stars, MagicJack, Paris Saint-Germain, Houston Dash, FC Rosengård och VfL Wolfsburg